I promised you a recipe where you could take leftover chicken and create a new meal. By George, I think I’ve got it! This recipe is light and perfect for Spring/Summer not to mention, if you are getting ready to sport a swimsuit this is your golden ticket.
Curry Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: none (using leftover chicken)
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1/2 red onion, small dice
1/2 green apple, cored and small dice
1/2 tomato, small dice
1/4 cup shredded, cheddar cheese
1 T. cilantro, minced
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 T. mayonnaise
1 T. curry powder
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
mixed salad greens
1. Gently mix all ingredients together.
2. For assembly, take pita rounds and lay mixed greens on each round then add your chicken salad and top with sprouts.
- If using leftover chicken, I have found 1 large split breast is approximately 2 cups.
- If you are making chicken especially for this recipe, take 1 package of chicken tenders and season with salt, pepper and paprika then grill until cooked thoroughly. Remember to allow your meat to rest before you begin chopping. This will ensure your meat is juicy, juicy!
- Don’t want a 1/2 a red onion, apple or tomato lying around? Simply chop an additional large chicken breast and double the remaining ingredients.
- You can substitute cilantro with flat leaf parsley. Whatever you have handy.
- Are you watching your figure? I honestly, think this recipe would be fine without the mayonnaise. Try it and let me know.
- You can serve this a few different ways, as described in the recipe, or skip the pita round and serve over a bed of lettuce, or you can stuff lettuce & chicken salad inside a pita pocket and top with sprouts.
Subscribe to Z is for zest and have recipes delivered to your inbox.